ATTIVA INDIA is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
If you would prefer your personal data was not used in the manner described in this policy, you should not use our websites or services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to us. This is information about you that you provide to us when you use our websites or applications or correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our websites or applications, subscribe to our services, purchase a product, sign-up to receive our newsletters and offers, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions or enter a competition, promotion, survey, market research, or any information you add to your online account (if you have one) as part of your ongoing use of the services. The information you give to us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information, log-in details (if any), marketing preferences, and in some cases a personal description and photograph. If you contact uswith a complaint or query, we may keep a record of your contact details and the correspondence between us and your levels of satisfaction. When we collect personal data from you we will indicate whether any personal data we have requested from you is mandatory or optional and explain the consequences if you decide not to provide that information. In some cases, not providing the information may mean we are unable to provide you with a product or service you have requested.
- Information we collect about you. When you visit our websites or applications or use our services, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, information about the device you use the application on, including the device’s unique identifiers and mobile network information, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit and use of our services, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.This is information which we receive about you if you use any of our other websites, applications or services, login through a third party channel such as Facebook or Google or allow us to connect to third party devices or applications. We also receive information about you from other sources to enable us to provide you with a better user experience. For example, we work closely with third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, customer management platforms, search information providers. We may also collect information about you from credit reference agencies where we have informed you this will take place.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We (and our subsidiaries) will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any online or offline contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar or complimentary to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Where we contact you by electronic means for marketing purposes, we will only do so if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also amend your preferences at any time. Please see the section ‘Marketing’ below;
- where you have provided your details to enable you to enter into one of our competitions, we will use the personal data you provide to process your entry into the competition and to communicate with you about this;
- to handle any customer service requests or other queries you communicate to us;
- to notify you about changes to our products or services;
- to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
to provide the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to administer our websites or applications and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to enable you to have a single customer account and identity with us;
- to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our websites and applications safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users about goods or services that may interest you or them; and
- to allow us to receive feedback and conduct reviews of our products and services.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will vary depending on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal data. In almost all cases, the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you. Please see the section, ‘Marketing’ below.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and products and operate effectively as a business, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights. For example we will rely on this legal basis when we conduct certain market analysis to understand our customers in sufficient detail so we can raise the profile of our products and services and create new ones.
- Performance of a contract with you: For example, where you have purchased one of our products or our services and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order and deliver the products or services to you.
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal data in order to comply with that obligation.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to the following third parties, for the purposes set out below:
- Any member of our group, which includes our subsidiaries administering our group operations or performing any of the tasks set out below;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our websites and applications;
- third party customer management companies to enable you to have a unique customer identity with us which should enable you to access all our websites, applications and services with one single account and login details;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you and
- our third party suppliers and professional advisors, who may need access to your personal data in order to provide services to us.
- We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Attiva India acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our websites and applications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link, please note that those websites and applications will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data.
We share your personal information with third parties who help us to deliver targeted marketing campaigns and to personalise your experience online.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take steps to ensure that the personal data that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised.
Where we have collected the personal data based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal data.
DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
You can close your account with us at any time by contacting our customer service team at the address above or contact us. If you choose to close your account, please note that you will no longer be able to access our website. We will delete the personal data associated with your account within a reasonable period, other than personal data which we have a need to retain for our internal business records (for example, data related to purchasing history).